During RPD seminar:
Program Director: [Kratochvil] used to do these diagrams on a blackboard. Wait, Stephanie, you have seen a blackboard before, right? I think most of the blackboards were already replaced by the time you were in middle/high school.
Me: I'm not THAT young. Anyway, remember I went to school in California, where they didn't have the budget to upgrade anything since the 1960s
PD: So you know what a blackboard is.
Me: Yes.
And then, there was the revelation. A few people in my lab polled everyone for what year they were born in. Apparently there's one or two monkeys... We figured we should tell the program director at some point, since one of his favorite lines when referencing what he considers an "easy job," he says, "Even well-trained monkeys can do it." Well, there seems to be a at least a couple of well-trained monkeys in my lab.

No comments:
Post a Comment